Posted: July 19, 2021
SVCA’s Administrative Office is situated in the heart of the Saugeen Valley watershed. We offer competitive public sector pay. With our small, but passionate team, you will know your co-workers by name, will make fast friends, and will have direct access to the considerable knowledge of these individuals.
Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority’s Environmental Planning and Regulations Department is responsible for ensuring that proposed development and site alterations are carried out in conformance with the
Authority’s policies and procedures. The Regulations team is responsible for the implementation and enforcement of Section 28 of the Conservation Authorities Act for the Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority (Ontario Regulation 169/06 - the Development, Interference with Wetlands and Alterations to Shorelines and Watercourses Regulation). The environmental planning team is primarily responsible for the review of Planning Act applications, relative to the SVCA’s mandate and role, while also responding to requests from the public.
The Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority invites applications for a full-time contract (6 months) position of Resources Information Technician. The position is responsible for providing planning and regulations information to the public and maintaining the files and database for the Environmental Planning and Regulations program. The individual will work closely with Authority planning and regulations staff.
1. Provide initial environmental and technical information in response to inquiries from the public.
2. Organize and maintain the department’s records and files.
3. Coordinate new files for follow-up by department staff.
4. Operate and maintain the department’s record database.
5. Search for and retrieve files for department staff.
6. Collect relevant background data for new inquires/ proposals and forward it to appropriate staff.
7. Assist with incorporating department data into the Authority’s Geographic Information System.
8. Keep up-to date on applicable policies, procedures, and projects.
9. Assist Department staff with their duties. Site inspections may be necessary.
10. Other duties as assigned appropriate to the position.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Position will be based out of SVCA’s Administrative Office at 1078 Bruce Road 12, Formosa.
• Salary: $24.47/hour
• Hours: 37.5 hours per week
• Benefits: Not Applicable
Start Date: August 2021
Closing date for applications: August 2, 2021, 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining how your experience meets the necessary
Janice Hagan, Executive Assistant
Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority
1078 Bruce Road 12, P.O. Box 150, Formosa, ON
Email is preferred submission method. Submit your cover letter and resume as one .pdf document. Document file name and email subject line should be your name followed by _RITContract2021 (EG. Janice.Hagan_RITContract2021.pdf). We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your application by August 2, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
SVCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), SVCA will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform SVCA Administrative Staff (email@example.com). All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA)