Update, re: COVID-19
Posted: March 23, 2020
Current Updating of Services with Respect to COVID-19
As of March 23, 2020
Saugeen Conservation is closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and taking steps to help prevent the spread of the virus to ensure the health and safety of our staff, volunteers and community.
As a result, we will be adhering to and respecting provincial guidelines in this regard.
As part of our ongoing commitment to keep our community aware of our services, campgrounds, events and programs, please be aware of the following:
We are encouraging due diligence for all of our outdoor areas, including social distancing and remaining at home if you are feeling ill in any way.
- The Administrative office (1078 Bruce Road #12, Formosa), will remain closed to the general public until further notice.
- Please be advised that our essential services are operating as normal. Staff are still working their normal work hours, either from home, the office, or our various parks.
- The general public and/or our regular stakeholders are welcome to call us (519) 367-3040 or email us at email@example.com for normal work issues
- All non-essential meetings have been cancelled, as well as events, workshops, etc.
- All education programs have been postponed.
- Staff working out of the administration office will continue to practice social distancing and maintain enhanced cleaning and sanitizing procedures. In addition, we are taking extra precautions to keep our offices and work surfaces clean.
- Staff will continue to respond to inquiries, however, some delays in response time may be experienced.
- The trails at our conservation areas will remain open for the continued health and well-being of our watershed residents for passive recreational use such as hiking, nature appreciation, etc.
- Please refrain from using the playground equipment. Maintenance and sanitation will be extremely difficult at this time and we must reduce the risk to both our staff and you the public.
- At this time, washrooms at Sulphur Spring and Allan Park Conservation Areas will be closed and unavailable for public use.
- Please DO NOT utilize the open picnic shelters for gatherings of any kind.
- While we greatly appreciate the incredible assistance we get from our volunteers and interest groups, helping us to open and maintain our camping parks, we ask that all activities be suspended until we receive advice from our local Health professionals that it is prudent to open these facilities to the public. This will give us time to assess the situation in terms of public health and safety.
- At the current time, we are suspending all registrations for transient camping. Please know, however, that we will be re-evaluating this situation on a weekly basis and regular updates will be forthcoming.
- Access to the parks for Seasonal campers is being evaluated out of abundance of caution for our communal health. No campers will be allowed into the parks until it is confirmed safe for camping season to proceed. Please continue to monitor our website for updates.
- Campground facilities, such as activity centres will remain closed until further notice.
(519) 367-3040 / www.svca.on.ca / firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on COVID-19 please feel free to check out the following on-line resources:
World Health Organization (WHO)
CBC News Canada
Government of Canda Health / diseases and conditions
Ontario Health and Wellness
Public Health Grey Bruce