Posted: August 22, 2019
NOTICE OF EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Saugeen Conservation invites applications for the full-time position of Regulations Officer. The position is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the Development, Interference with Wetlands and Alterations to Shorelines and Watercourses Regulation (Ontario Regulation 169/06) under Section 28 of the Conservation Authorities Act.
The individual will work closely with Authority planning and regulations staff and report to the Manager, Environmental Planning and Regulations.
1. Review and process Regulation permit applications in accordance with provincial and
Authority policies. Includes: performing site inspections, elevation surveys, and attending site meetings.
2. Enforce the Regulation, including the investigatiion of violations and facilitating prosecutions.
3. Understand natural hazards management such as floodplains and slope instability.
4. Provide information and liaison between the Authority, its member municipalities, and the
public regarding natural hazards and the Environmental Planning and Regulations program.
5. Other duties as assigned appropriate to the position.
1. Graduation from a university or college program in either physical geography, civil or water
resource engineering, resource management, planning, or related field.
2. Experience with Section 28 Regulation under the Conservation Authorities Act, floodplain
mapping, hydrology, or planning are assets.
3. Excellent communication and time management skills, and word processing ability.
4. Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and ability to perform site inspections in various
types of terrain and weather.
5. Designated, or eligible to be designated as a Provincial Offences Officer in Ontario.
Salary Range: Starting at $57986 per year plus benefits
Applications: Resumes should be submitted by September 6, 2019 to:
Erik Downing, Saugeen Conservation, 1078 Bruce Road 12, P.O. Box 150, Formosa, ON
N0G 1W0 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Please send resume and cover letter via email as one merged document, titled as per the following: first name initial_last name_SVCARegOfficer_2019 (J_Smith_SVCARegOfficer_2019.pdf).