- Only Cedarview and Pinewood Campgrounds are open to transient and seasonal campers
- No outside visitors allowed
- Washrooms and the picnic shelter at McGowan Falls remain closed.
- Showers will remain closed until further notice
- SVCA encourages campers to come self contained, as limited washroom facilities are available
- We have increased our cleaning schedule and frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected in accordance with public health guidelines.
- Cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer are available outside and inside washrooms to use prior to and after using the facilities.
- The activity centre will be open (wi-fi available), however, no gatherings larger than 10 people are allowed and bring your own seating
- The playground equipment remains closed
- Swimming at McGowan Falls and the Middle Durham Dam is open, however no changing facilities or washrooms available
- No groups larger than 10 people can gather
- SVCA encourages 2 metre social distancing from outside of a family unit
- All events are cancelled until further notice
- Wipes are available at the dump station. Please bring your own gloves.
- To maintain visitor and staff safety, equipment rentals are presently not available
- Trails are all open for passive recreation
Durham Conservation Area is nestled along a picturesque stretch of the winding Saugeen River. It covers over 61 ha (150 acres) including over 3 kms (2 miles) of Saugeen River frontage within the Town of Durham. Scenic McGowan Falls is one of the highlights of this beautiful park. Note: Wifi now available!
A wide variety of activities can be enjoyed by both campers and day-users (see map).
The Durham Conservation Area hosts one of three campgrounds operated by Saugeen Conservation.
Facilities include picnic shelters, modern shower and washroom facilities as well as a trailer dumping/recycling station. Firewood is also for sale on-site.